Last night - and my ears

Lest night there was a visiting preacher at church, a military chaplain, who was quite a live wire. He moved around a lot while he preached - he reminds me of a lecturer in the Botany Department who used to walk back and fore as he lectured. We measured his circuit and the number of times he went back and forth and worked out that he did about 1/2 mile per lecture. So if he lectured 4 times a day that's two miles a day for a start. Not bad, really, eh ?

Anyway meanwhile I was trying to record the message. We have a really nice Sennheiser radio mike that we used to use to record, but while we are in the hired hall then everything is placed differently, so I can't be near the mixing table to use that. So I try and use the built in mike in the machine. Anyway, all was probably in vain last night as the guy approached and retreated time after time.

But my ears - wow - they just followed the guy everywhere and picked up whatever he said perfectly. It's amazing how well we're made, isn't it !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen