The Eglise Libre and the GBU

On Thursday a chap was at the Bible Study at FAC and we got talking afterwards. Anyway, he said that on Sunday morning the Eglise Libre, newly moved out of their building during its renovation and into a room at the Protestant Hospital, were holding a service for the GBU. The travelling secretary would be there as well as a number of the students.

Well the one good thing for me about meeting in the afternoon is the opportunity to visit some of the other churches in Bordeaux. The Eglise Libre was on my list. I know the pastor because he is the chairman of the local Evangelical Alliance and, I think, Protestant Federation, so I went along.

It was very good to be there. I got to meet the Trav Sec, who is Australian, and various students from the two different groups (see below). I also met a chap who is about to become engaged to a Chinese girl from Paris who is from the church of the pastor who comes to lead the monthly Chinese Bible Study in our centre. It was good to strengthen these links.

The GBU in Bordeaux has two groups, one of about 6 - 8 students who meet on the University Campus and the other of about 8 - 10 students who meet near the faculty of medicine. So that makes about 20 in all. There's approaching 100,000 students in Bordeaux.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen