Well we were numerous this morning. There was some world.

This morning was the predicted low point of August. However, we only just fitted into the chapelle. Numbers were pretty good. About 35 ish. We had no pianist, so we sang unaccompanied and that went OK.

Then this afternoon I was preaching at Anglade. Usually they do their own order of service but they hadn't so I used this mornings and it went fine again. About 15 people there.

I preached from 1 Peter 2:25.

The linguistic theme of the day was our old friends, the nasal vowels. At the language school the phonetician would mark me down because my an and en sounded like on. Now the problem's the other way round. My on sounds like my an and en.

This was gently pointed out to me by a dear, sweet brother who said "Next time you introduce the offering don't talk about our dents (teeth)"

It was meant to be dons (gifts).

Hee hee ! It's just one thing after another...

So I am concentrating on producing a good on - and to do that basically you make a face like a sheep...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen