Ministers' fellowship at Montauban

Today I got to go to a ministers' fellowship at Montauban. We were discussing a book which I had never seen before, but I don't usually let that stop me having an opinion... No, I mean we were sent out a couple of papers to discuss and stuff.

Montauban is 2h30 drive away § , and once I parked the car I couldn't find the church because it was crawling with workmen ! They are putting in underfloor heating - the hot water comes from Montauban's rubbish incinerator so it's cheap.

I got given a bit of a grilling regarding my background, my work and my status in the denomination. It transpires that the denomination does not yet actually recognise the CPO catalogue as a formal theological qualification. Fancy ! So I am officially sans-papiers.

We were : 1 American, 1 Dutchman, 1 South African, 1 Chilean, 1 Welshman and two Frenchmen, one of whom is black. I don't feel especially foreign in our meetings.

§ We gogs ¤ are used to that. When on EMW English Exec I used to drive 9 hours there and back for a 2h30 meeting.

¤ gog is a slightly perjorative term for a North Walian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen