Two things that encouraged me

At church this morning:

1) the guy was preaching from Jesus' words in John 10:27 - 30. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one.

His big point was that despite the seemingly feeble and ephemeral methods we use, such as words, preaching, explanations, etc, Jesus works that way and his people respond. And no sheep will fail to follow because of language barriers, or inadequate explanations, or whatever.

2) A chap passing through visiting one of the team here is serving with a mission in the Philippines. Someone asked him how long he had been there, and he said "Three years". That's twice as long as we have been here (and a bit more), yet soon we will have been here for three years. And how much will our French have improved, and how much more useful in the work will we be then? Three years, eh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen