Brief word on podcasts / Covenant Seminary

Podcasts? Ace !

I use iTunes. It's easy and free and takes no time to manage. It also does nearly everything I want it to for the church sermon recordings. And no messing!

Podcasts are great because you can get such a variety of useful and helpful things. Here are some of the ones I am subscribed to :

White Horse Inn,
Renewing your Mind,
Desiring God Sermon Video,
Christ Church Deeside Sermon Podcast,
Capitol Hill Baptist Church,
10th Presbyterian Church,
All Things Considered,
Digital Planet,
Discovering Music,
Documentary Archive,
In our Time,
Newsnight,
Ten O Clock News,
From our own correspondent,
Smartphone Show,
De Quoi je me Mail,
Loïc Le Meur,
Papous dans la Tête,

Obviously that's a lot, and the problem is that in busy times I find them building up, so for news casts I only ever keep one month's worth, for documentaries only the ones that are relevant, interesting and short, and for Christian podcasts I only keep the best and most useful. All these criteria I usually judge before listening to the item !

Covenant Seminary have compounded my problem by making lots and lots of their classes available as podcasts. You can sit in Bryan Chappell, David Calhoun and Jerram Barrs' classes and have .pdf files of their handouts.

How useful is that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen