This week ... and next.

This week has been the week of prayer of the AEF (l'Alliance Evangélique Française). It's a good opportunity to learn more about the churches in Bordeaux, so it's a priority for me, as well as because prayer and gospel unity matter eternally. However, the drawback is that our day still begins at 6h30 when we rouse the household for the school run, and the prayer meetings typically end some time after 10pm; so the day is l o n g. But that's a small price to pay!

Monday evening was at our church in Floirac.
Tuesday was at the Assemblies of God in Begles. This was interesting because they meet in a hall that people hire for weddings etc. It all seemed quite practical. The meeting was fine.
Wednesday was at the Baptist church in Caudéran. This is perhaps the best and most practical church building I know of in Bordeaux.
Thursday afternoon there was a meeting at the Eglise Libre in Pessac.

The meetings continued on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening, but I couldn't make those.

Tomorrow I am preaching on Psalm 2. While Sammy is away, when I'm preaching I'll take some messianic Psalms, I think.

Comments

minternational said…
Whatever happened to the beginning of Matthew's gospel????
Alan said…
Still there in my Bible....

But I did have a last minute change of mind and lurched from Matthew 1 to Psalm 2.

Partly because I am not sure how many times I'll be preaching over the next few months, and I don't want to reach Matthew 5 because Sammy has recently been preaching on the Sermon on the Mount.
minternational said…
Ah, da iawn.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen