Groupe rive gauche, the telephone and the day off

Well the groupe rive gauche went OK. We were a nice number and a few people who would normally be there were unwell or otherwise engaged. We made a good start.

The telephone is ALMOST working... well OK, we don't have a dial tone and if anyone rings our number they get straight through to the answering machine - BUT if they leave a message we can listen to it via the television and then ring them back on Pat's mobile phone!

This morning I will fiddle with the phone and see if I cannot get it working completely.

Also on the agenda is to trim the trees in the back garden. It would also be good to take the trimmings to the dump, if possible.

Comments

Alan said…
Well I am hopeful. The FAQ said to do a hard reboot, which means to unplug and replug the power to the modem 5 times in quick succession each time you see the chenillard. (I am not at all sure what a chenillard is, but I went for something that looks like a caterpillar zooming round and round...)

Did that and now we have a tone through the phone.

I hope it works. And I hope trimming the trees ends up being as quick and easy.
Alan said…
Yes!

Pat is now talking to her brother on the phone.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen