Being without internet at home

The first thing I notice is not reading the news in the morning. Or the evening. Or any time! We have a small TV. It's the children's domain. Hence no news. So it wasn't till the evening that I heard of Sadaam Hussein's execution. Still the world goes on, and my life goes on! I am not sure we really need each other, the world and me...

Then I notice a slowing down of communication. I have written our January prayer-letter. I will email it on Friday from the student centre. I will probably pick up the reply from the mission the following Sunday night or Tuesday morning. That means it can be sent to Britain for distribution perhaps a week after I wrote it.

Another piece I have written for the team here is waiting to be emailed on Friday.

And the blog - well I am collecting entries with OneNote and I intend to post them on Friday.

Then there's the mobile phone. I am soon to enter a new phase of cut-off-ness as my mobile phone number stops working on 4th January ready to be transferred onto my new contract with Ten-mobile.

SFR responded very quickly with my "bon de portage" for the number, but it is currently taking several weeks for the numbers to be transferred onto the other network.

Ho hum!

However - at hotmail.fr they had reserved my email address for me (same as my gmail account, but with hotmail.fr) so urgent emails can reach me on my phone. And I can do msn messenger on it, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen