You're a WHAT?

A Muslim Arab friend asked me what my job is. I am sure he knew what I did, but he still didn't understand.

I said "I'm a pastor".

"You're a what?"

"I teach the Bible"

"You do what?"

I said, "You know, a preacher."

"A what?"

"Someone who does the preaching."

"Does the what?"

"You know, a group of Christians meet together and someone does the preaching - that's me. That's what I do."

"Oh", he said, "So you try and convert people to Christianity?"

"Well, sort of."

I happened to have Matthew going on my MP3 player, so I gave him a listen. Turns out he's had perhaps three or four encounters on the streets of Bordeaux with Christians who have spent perhaps 20 minutes talking with him. Men and women, of different ages. One guy chatted with him in Arabic.

I asked him if he found it annoying. Not at all, he said.

Glad of that really, and so good that he has had those encounters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen