What about Deeside church?

The day we were commissioned to come to France, Martin Downes was formally recognised and appointed as the new pastor. We left for France on 4 September. Martin started at Deeside on 1 September. We just rejoice at God's kindness, providence and goodness.

Over the past few days we have had a number of different messages from folks at Deeside; by e-mail, telephone and letter, and all are so encouraging. It's a source of great joy that things are going well.

I remember years ago at one of our houseparties talking to our speaker and talking about how I felt about the Deeside folk. "Of course", he said, "think of 3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. " Yes. Of course.

I have always resisted making any comment whatsoever in the past. It's impertinent, to say the least, for former ministers to comment on the "new regime"! So I hope you will forgive this posting, aware that silence can be as eloquent as words, though sadly oft misinterpreted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One difference between we French and the anglo-saxon mindset is that

A bit about music exams in UK and France

Three weeks in Blighty