Well, so far so good

The admin things to do list is being dealt with one by one:

Telephone company - I hope (!) I did this on their client services website this morning.

Project for independent funding for the student centre almost ready to submit.

Papers all ready for the prefecture in the morning, en route to the lunchtime prayer meeting.

Form en route from Newcastle for child benefit.

All that will remain is to contact the Tresor Public - either tomorrow afternoon or Friday.

Then - homework.

1) A shortish (5 page) dossier on Oulipo, and the way that Georges Perec used Oulipo techniques in his two big novels La Disparition and La vie mode d'emploi. I think I am pretty well ready to do this now.

2) A 10 minute talk to prepare on the context and causes of the May 1968 "insurrection". Again, I think I have the basic material ready - it's just a question of organising it.

3) A 5 page dossier to begin on the book Cabinet Portrait by Benoziglio. As yet I am not sure what the lecturer wants, so I'll do a brief biography page of Benoziglio and a sketch of the sort of stuff he wrote, and a synopsis of the book. They're almost certain to be required.

4) A synthèse of a magazine article and some camemberts (pie-charts) relating to something or other.

5) I want to prepare a message in French. I have reluctantly accepted that I will be reading my notes almost verbatim to begin with at least.

6) I have another 5 page dossier on another book to do, but that is in a team with another student. I gallantly suggested that they choose the book, and they haven't yet done so. Still, the more I can get polished off now, the less pressure there will be when term starts again! Perhaps they'd rather I chose?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen