Careful!

The other day I was meeting a friend for lunch in the city centre and afterwards I needed to buy something or other, I forget what. We went into one of the supermarkets. I ended up perusing the wine, for some reason or other, and - SERENDIPITY - came across a 2005 Bordeaux Supérieur.

Do you have any idea how good 2005 was for Bordeaux wines? It was excellent!

I bought a bottle of the very reasonably priced (6€, about £4.50) organic Bordeaux Supérieur 2005 and noted carefully where it was on the shelves.

Well it was good. Very good. Very good indeed.

So a couple of days later I went back with some more pfennigs to purchase some more bottles of the 2005 Bordeaux Supérieur. As I scoured the shelves to find it what did I come across, but some 2008 Bordeaux. 2008 was a very good year! Very good indeed! And this wine was just under 5€! Less than £4.

So I loaded my rucksack and we are stocked up for a good few weeks with some excellent Bordeaux!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen