C25K and the no. 4 bus

Almost backed out this morning. It was -2°C outside at 6:45 when I started out.
I decided that if I really couldn't hack it I could go back to bed and try again tomorrow when we are forecast to be back to warm rain.
But once I was out it was OK, the sky was a beautiful midnight blue and the stars were beaming down to encourage me. I stopped counting my steps and concentrated instead on the things I could see and the sensation of left foot, right foot, uneven surface, watch that knee, etc...

The number 4 bus is a scream. One guy was sound asleep, stretched out in his seat. Another lady had clearly been discharged early from hospital, still under the effects of her anaesthetic. Shaking, swerving, vibrating, rough acceleration and braking, nothing could rouse either of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen