Makes you think...

Notes finished - ready to go
In the course of my sermon from 2 Timothy at Anglade I mentioned that the best translation of the word for "preach the word" is to announce like a herald. Un héraut.

Now the congregation at Anglade is pretty canny, so you can imagine my shock when they didn't know the word héraut. Well, one man dredged it up from the depths of his memory but for most of them it was a new word. Or at least they said it was.

I thought, 'after scouring the dictionary to ensure it is le héraut and not l'héraut, I needn't have bothered !

Then I thought, well it's pretty logical. If you don't have a king why have a herald.

There may be other consequences of the word's disappearance, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen