Well waddayaknow !

The phone rings. Roger and Anne have just left. The lads have not yet surfaced. Do I answer it ?

"Hallo. I'm afraid Roger isn't here but I can take a message." Thomas appears at the door ready to rescue me but :

"Is that Alan Davey ? This is Andrew Page."

Andrew is the author of The Mark Experiment and has worked with students and in pastoral work in Austria for many years. He's also met Aurelien in Dublin so we have lots of links. He now works with Above Bar church in Southampton. I know of him through the Mark Experiment though we had never met.

We chatted and regretted a little that we would not meet this time. Then about 20 minutes later the phone rang again and Thomas answered it, but it was Andrew again inviting me up to the Bentley-Taylors for coffee and a face to face encounter.

We shared anecdotes and experiences and had a wonderfully helpful time together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen