Getting ready to fly home to Bordeaux

Not quite as simple as it would appear because I want to try to ensure that my 14 kg of tea bags and cheddar cheese do not send my bag over the weight limit, which means putting my shoes in my hand luggage etc.. I also have one or two things to hunt for if any supermarkets are open.

It's a bank holiday in Bath and the senior Henwoods have gone to a wedding far far away. In theory the juniors and I will collaborate on meals, though this is a source of some trepidation to me as young folks have exacting standards when it comes to food and I am far from sure of delivering something which would be edible to the fellows. As I type we have our first casualty - a thumb sliced on a unsheathed breadknife. So in a moment I shall pass through the bathroom and into the town.

Incidentally, I have been reading "The elegance of the hedgehog" (L'elegance du herisson in translation) and really enjoyed it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen