Strathaven and the borders

As I drove into Strathaven I had a big silly grin on my face - the day most likely not to work ( timing, snow ) was going OK. The evening was fine with a group of the elders coming for supper after the service.

Yesterday was a much-needed rest day. Today I bid a sad farewell to Scotland and headed back down to Wales.

Of course, all sorrow at leaving Scotland was swamped by the delight at getting to Deeside ( the real Deeside, not the Royal one ). Tonight I'll give an update at Deeside - they have seen the DVD till it's coming out of their ears so I'll use the PowerPoint and talk about the student work and the church from that. I may also show some pictures that I have stored on picasaweb.

Then tomorrow to Swansea.

Comments

Family Blogs said…
Hi Alan,

I'm enjoying reading your blog, and your report on 'the Banner' was a good accompaniment to Gary Brady's and Guy Davies' posts.

I also wanted to thank you for your recent article in the UFM magazine about Pastors in France (I'm assuming that it was by the same Alan Davey). I'm currently at Bible College in preparation for going to Peru with my wife. My main ministry will be the encouragement of national pastors, and assisting in their training.

Your work of encouraging Pastors (and people into pastoral ministry in France) will be much in my prayers.

God bless,
Andrew

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen