Oh, it's nice to be reunited with my trombone

It's only an ex-rental Jupiter gas-pipe trombone that I bought on eBay ! A long way down the pecking order of trombones, but Ronaud my teacher gave it a going-over and pronounced it good, and it does me good to blast.

I have a study where I am trying to get back the "bomp, bomp" staccato sound I remember making in the brass banding days of my youth. Think of the round "boing" of a kettle drum and you aren't far away from what I imagine.

Then the "paawww" bell-effect accents that I remember doing. Why don't they come easily now? It's only thirty years ago, after all.

Anyway, it's doing my lungs a power of good and the kids' ears a world of harm !

Of course, in the summer when we come to Britain in the car I'll be able to bring the trombone with me. Look out ! "Watchwch clustiau", as I remember someone once saying...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen