Explain that one if you can...

Here I am in back in dear old cloudy damp Bordeaux.

This morning I weighed my bag. This involves climbing on the scales yourself, then doing it again while holding your bag. Two things emerged, one easily explained, one a total mystery...

Firstly I weigh about 3 kg more. This is easily explained ! I have been too well fed ! I did begin well by eating nothing but apples and pears for lunch, but various things I won't go into changed my resolve. Oh well, back to Bordeaux lettuces anyway...

Secondly, despite the fact that I had distributed chocolate and fridge magnets and bought only pants and socks my bag had gained almost 7 kilos in weight ! It was now too heavy - or at least they would charge me over £40 for excess baggage. That is quite expensive for teabags...

So I had to take out the teabags and I made an unscheduled call at my sister's to lodge them there till they can make the journey at some later date.

Then to the airport. There was a horde of teenage girls in the departure lounge squealing at each other in French. "Oh they're going to Paris", I thought. They weren't.

So I chatted with their teacher about Caerphilly castle then we boarded the plane. I got a nice seat in the front again where you can move your legs. Great. Then a smooth flight home.

Home.

On the flight I thought about the folks I'd seen in Britain. We have such wonderful friends in so many churches. It's amazing. I was sad to say goodbye to them. I'd seen my sisters briefly, which was a real bonus. But I was going home. What can you say to that ?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great to see you again ,Alan. Sorry haven't really kept in touch. People really valued the time at church. Love to Pat (and the kids but they won't remember us) and maybe we'll see you sometime in Bordeaux.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen