I hate computers

There's always something isn't there ! My life seems to be full of bytes, bauds, bits and bobs. There's the PCs at the student centre to maintain as well as the ones at home.

Anyway, my computer in the study is marvellously stable, partly because it has a big hard disk and partly because I am very careful about the internet.

The computers at the centre are a bit more unstable - and it can be quite hard knowing what files I can just delete when half of them are in Chinese !

Just now the family computer is giving most cause for concern. It's an Acer that we brought with us from Britain and it benefitted tremendously from having its memory upgraded from 256MB to 1GB a while ago. Now it needs a bigger hard disk because it is struggling with its 40GB. It has an external hard disk but it isn't a question of data ( music and photos, mainly ) - it's the kids' enormous game programmes and such like. So when I can get to the computermongers at Mérignac and find something good - perhaps 100GB ? maybe 150 ? - I'll do the transplant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen