I don't do it on purpose, honest !

We're painting Catrin's room. Well, I say we're but it's mainly Pat.

Anyway, to do this I had to buy a stepladder. They have them in the supermarket and the tallest (reach of 3 m !) was just about 50 euros, 35 quid. I thought this was probably the going rate, so I got it.

When I got it home we realised it was wobbly because it was missing a rubber foot, so I took it back to change it. The lady on customer services sent for Sabrina to go and get another ladder, so I waited. Another lady came up:

"Vous attendez un remboursement ?"

"Non, j'attends un autre escabeau."

"Pour quoi faire ?"

"uuuu - pour monter... Cet escabeau n'a que trois pieds"

"Il faut dire à cette dame, donc"

"Sabrina s'occupe de moi"

"Parfait, donc"

Are you waiting for a refund ?

No, I am waiting for another stepladder.

To do what ?

uuh - to climb... This ladder has only three feet.

You have to tell this lady, then.

Sabrina is seeing to it.

Perfect, then.

In the car park I giggled helplessly over 'To do what ? uuuh - to climb'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen