A morning strolling round Bordeaux





The car went in for its service to the garage in Villenave d'Ornon near where we used to live. The proprietor said it'll be ready for 5pm. I said "No chance of midday?" He said, "Ring." So I took the bus into Victoire (about the only place you can go by public transport from Villenave!) and spent the morning strolling round the city. Then I got the tram to Pessac centre and walked Gwilym home from school. (I rang. The car isn't ready.)
I don't know why there were so many riot police vans in a row, each with its lights flashing and with just the driver on board. Perhaps there's a demonstration in town?

Comments

joydriven said…
very nice. makes one homesick...
Alan said…
Good word to use. homesick...
Anonymous said…
In the top photo', I'm left with the feeling that there should be words in what appear as 'speech bubbles' coming from people incarcerated in the round building.

(Yes, I realise that they're leaves but just imagine; you could run a competition for the most appropriate captions with the prize being a free week's decorating at a certain residence in the Bordeaux area.)
Alan said…
It's a thought... It's a thought...

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen