I like my doctor

Six months ago she said "See you in six months".

Today she said, "I haven't seen you in a long time!"

"No," I said, "six months. Approximately. More or less."

Then she said "Have you lost weight?"

I said "Maybe?", thinking 'surely not after the food at that conference in the Cévennes...'

Then she checked my breathing (I was) and my blood pressure (it is). She tells me my blood pressure but she tells me in centigrade and I can only do fahrenheit. I sneak a look at the peak flow meter and yes, I am blowing well today.

"Well balanced." she said, "See you again in six months' time. Blood tests again in 18 months."

Comments

Anonymous said…
What interesting physics lessons you must have had, where presure was measured in Centigrade and Fahrenheit!
Alan said…
at least we could spel it

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen