I 'fessed up about the robe...

"to 'fess up" is, I understand, American slang for to confess - lest any French people boggle

Sammy the pastor being back from the USA, on Sunday I confessed to him that I had worn his robe. And that it took AGES to work out how to affix the tabs.

He laughed. He's very OK with me having used it. And he says that he never wears the tabs. He stays black all over.

There we are. It's good to have talked about it with him. I don't know if I'd be as magnanimous with my robe ... if I had one ... which I don't ... nor ever shall.

though there is that picture of me somewhere in cassock and surplice...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Did you get them from the 'Ex Church Army Surplice Stores'?
Alan said…
I doubt if you'd find worse puns anywhere on the web.
Anonymous said…
Apart, of course, from this site!?!?

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen