French radio

We often listen to CDs in the car. At the moment Red Mountain Church hymns, or Maddy Prior and the Carnival Band Christmas Carols, or the Bach Magnificat (really loud!) are favourites.

But sometimes we listen to the radio. In France there are two stations that seem to be a bit like Classic FM. You don't often get a whole symphony, but you don't get experimental stuff for Autoharp and Flymo either. They are Classique and Musique. But our favourite station is Nostalgie. "Sweet, sweet music, nostalgieeeee". You get lots of Edith Piaf, a bit of Sacha Distel and the occasional Maurice Chevalier. You also get a lot of British music from the 1970s.

Now I was a teenager in the 1970s, but they play songs I don't remember, like "My Lady Darbanville" by Cat Stevens. I am SURE I had never heard this, but Nostalgie are really fond of it, and play it most days.

They also like Tom Jones' "She's a lady" as well as sundry others of his renditions. My second-cousin was Tom Jones' manager, but I could do pretty well without ever hearing him again (sorry, Sir Tom).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen