A service on the car, free of charge

Well we know now that this warranty till 2008, service included, is good and works. The car went to M. Ducasse, who duly offered me his arm to shake and serviced the car.

I went to get it at 3h30, but it wasn't ready because they had to make out a dossier for it. M. Ducasse said to come back at 6h00. "But my children!", I said, "I have to get them from school". So he invited me to pull his ears and loaned me a partly-red Citroen ZX, of uncertain age.

It was diesel and I managed to get it started despite a lack of glowplugs. Then we managed to get the shopping in the boot despite it not opening, and we managed to get the kids from school despite there being no power steering. Some of those roundabouts are really small! In fact it was quite nostalgic for me, we once had one very similar which we hated.

I got our car back at 6h00, there was nothing to pay and it was a "completely normal service". The receptionist asked me what I thought of the ZX. I said I thought it was very interesting. She told me no-one had said that before. I'd like to know what they DID say! (second thoughts - perhaps not)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen