A little fed up?

I ought to explain, though it's nothing serious as far as I can see.

1) Our day is quite long and demanding, so you get rather tired. And a bit obsessed. The other morning I woke at 4am needing the loo, so I "redeemed the time"* by revising the passe simple. I was glad I had because it came up the very next morning. (*How much folly has been justified with that phrase over the years?)

2) There just isn't as much spiritual input as we're used to. And remember! We are not pioneer missionaries in a frontline situation. We have a church and christians around us. This is especially true for Pat, because she doesn't understand as much as I do and she doesn't get to the prayer meeting. Thankfully God has provided various churches that put their messages on their websites or on podcasts. (However, see 1 - we are often too tired to do much...)

3) Sometimes you just feel stupid. I have a biology degree, right, but last night I couldn't do one of the questions on Gwilym's biology homework sheet. Partly because it was full of technical terms concerned with mammalian reproduction (it would have taken ages to look them all up) and partly because he was supposed to compose an account of the reproduction of a lamb, from start to finish. In schools you choose the level of your explanation very carefully. Well I am not sure I can do that in French yet! And I had to leave for prayer meeting... (This sounds like a letter of excuse to a teacher, doesn't it!)

Anyway, it's nothing serious, but I mention it partly so you can pray for us, but mainly so you understand that other people go through this kind of thing, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen