Random jottings!

1) Scooters. Have I talked about scooters before? They are EVERYWHERE, zipping round like mad little bees. Even really old ones, like Velosolex and those old Peugeot ones that you have to pedal.

2) Weather. We are back to typical Gironde weather. It's either raining or about to rain!

3) Phonétique. This morning was the beginning of the complexities of the liaison system and nasal vowels. It is important because it enables you to distinguish easily between:

Jeanne est là.
Jean est là.
J'en ai là.

4) WIFI. The campus has WIFI and I have about an hour to wait before my next class (Stylistique) so while the lion is sleeping I will listen to some White Horse Inn radio, I think. Jolly useful, this WIFI!

5) Pat struggles on with her class. She finds it hard when she doesn't understand everything.

(Me, I'm a pastor. I am WELL USED to not understanding everything.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen