Scholastic update

After Tuesday's little crisis ... nothing has happened. Catrin went into school happily on Thursday and Friday. Friday there was a trip to a local forest, which seemed to have gone OK. Pat has exchanged the time of the day with the headmistress but we haven't been given a time to meet up. If nothing is forthcoming on Monday I will ask on Tuesday when we can see her.

The school culture is quite different here from in Britain. It is much more like school when I was a kid. For example teachers here do use the "You are no good and you'll never get anywhere" method of encouragement, they also use physical punishment and the kids are encouraged to sort out their own problems of bullying etc.

It all reminds me of when I was a kid. Strangely, for years I have argued that things were better when I was young than they are now. I think I may have been wrong!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen