I am overawed. Absolutely overawed.

Some time ago I discovered that I had been tying my shoelaces wrong.

Imagine that! Discovering in your fifties that you'd been tying your shoelaces all wrong for decades!

The shoelace bow knot has a strong and a weak form.
The weak form aligns the bow loops toe-to-heel and will undo under tension.
The strong form aligns the bow loops side-to-side and will tighten under tension.

That means that the tight form needs no 'double knot' and you can make an elegant and strong bow.

Well this week I discovered that you can tie your shoe lace in one simple elegant movement!
Yes!
No more holding of loops and going round the correct way to put the loop through the knot!
This way is swift, simple and elegant.

Look!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen