Well THAT was a good day!

Up before the lark to see Catrin off for her bac examination in français écrit. The exam started at 8:00  so she had to be at school by 7:45, which meant she left the house at about 6:45. That's one occasion where having a car would be profoundly agreeable! But hey!

Then Pat and I had three hours to get ready to leave for the Maison de la Bible together.

I had given myself the goal of getting the wifi working, and it turned out that it had been working all along. With a triumph of teamwork, Catherine knew where to look, I knew what to look for, I found the wifi password, connected, checked it all worked and stuck a notice with the password on the noticeboard.

We had a few friendly and charming customers, gave our friendly beggar a cup of coffee and then Catrin came fresh from her exam and Gwilym arrived seconds later. I scuttled off to get celebration fish and chips from the chippie, though Pat and I chose salad instead of chips.

Then the family set off for home while I went off with our refugees for a Bible study.  I planned to do the study in the Town Hall Gardens, but they were closed because of the demonstrations being held by the "intermittents de spectacle", showbiz people.

So we toddled off to the big shiny Meriadeck shopping centre where just outside the've set up Meriadeck Plage, with deck chairs, games and jaunty music. In a quiet corner we prayed and read and studied John 1:1-18 together using our different Bible translations and the excellent 1-2-1 study booklets.

Then a cup of coffee in La Brioche Dorée, goodbye to my foreign friends, and off to the music school to sign Catrin up for next year.

Then home in true Blyton fashion. Tired but happy.

Oh yes, and I found my sunglasses which I had mislaid!

As I tottered home from the music school I thought about our happy exchange in John 1 and then thought, "but it's nothing. it's so insignificant. it's like hacking away at Ben Nevis with a toffee hammer."

Yes, but who cares. All big things are made up of lots of small things, and anyway, what do mustard trees grow from, or mighty oaks?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen