A stop go kind of day!

The day started late for Mrs Davey and the Daveylings. The nippers are on revision leave, which means late mornings and midnight oil. I, meanwhile, was greatly fatigued by my weekend journeys and the associated jet lag, so I fell asleep early in the evening and then rose early in the morning. This gave me a couple of hours to linger over my porage, to blog, to email and to consider the week ahead.

Then swift, so swift the madding crowd surrounds - Phone Here, Scan This, Install That There, Plan the August Journey... Multitasking, when will I master thee? So it was a somewhat frazzled Alan who hurtled into Bordeaux to meet up with a charming couple of asylum seekers for Bible study in English - because they do not speak the vernacular dialect of Bordeaux and folk here don't speak their ancient and noble national tongue.

It quickly became apparent that a Bible study in English was somewhat ambitious, so we revised our plan and next time we meet they'll have their Bible in their ancient and noble tongue, and I'll have a Bible in English.

Home through the estival Bordestival heat after picking up milk and loo rolls, and a peaceful evening. Phew!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen