Surveys on campus and JW conversation

Surveys on campus - boy, the campus is getting DESERTED ! We did talk with two Italian girls who would have found FAC really helpful this year but who are about to leave Bordeaux.

Then my JW friend called round. He has been intrigued to see that the UN has changed its slogan to "Peace and safety" (apparently. I just looked on the UN website and I can't find it. He probably read about it in a magazine.). Is this not a sign that the return of Jesus is imminent ? I explained again about millenial mania, and this time I mentioned Harold Camping. We'd already just agreed that Jesus had forbidden all attempts to work out when he would return.

I'd like to know if there is a polite, persuasive and piercing way of saying "You have to realise that you have joined a millenial, heretical sect." A way that is clear but that will not send him running for the nearest Watchtower.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen