So we're not moving house - or not yet anyway

A chap who lives about 20 yards from the church used to come to the prayer meeting for a long while. He said he was moving in the summer and would be selling his house. Three bedrooms, built in a little space between other houses, hidden away in a courtyard you got to it through a little gate. Very cute, but no off-street parking.

It'd be a long journey for the kids to school. But we'd be on the doorstep for the church, with all the pros and cons that that entails.

It's in Cenon, an area that's supposed to be cheaper than Pessac. We tried to guess the price. His house is a lot smaller than ours, after all. I said we might be interested. He said I could come and look when they were ready. We thought it might be cheap enough for us to not have a mortgage...

Anyway while I was in Lyon the other week he phoned. It was on the market with an agent. Oho. Someone came to see it the first day and bought it straight away - for the same price that we paid for this house. Aha !

We told the kids the place was sold and they were overjoyed. Gwilym had said "This is the fourth house I've lived in in my life." They like stability.

Yesterday as I rode the tram back through Pessac from the campus I thought about how I love living in this town. It would be a wrench to move. We're thankful, really.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen