It all depends on how you look at it

Alan is thinking... (that's a warning, by the way)

In Bordeaux you see rather a lot of people wearing leather jackets and coats, some of them real overcoats. The other day I saw them for sale in a shop and I had a quick look at the price tag. 900 EUROS !

Later that day I was talking with Liz, our volunteer. ( Happy 21st, by the way, Liz ! ) I heard myself say, "Yes ! That means there's people walking round Bordeaux wearing 1000 euro coats - and I mean young people, like us !"

It's a funny thing, this working with students. Makes you forget how old you are.

Then last night we were talking with the airforce types who play with the jazz band. We were talking about relationships and making compromises and adjusting to changing circumstances. "Je ne ferais pas ça pour une nana" said one single guy. I heard myself say, "Voilà, c'est un ado, il n'est pas prêt, c'est tout", and our friend agreed, while the others protested that he was 30 and it was high time that he was ready !

Yeah. There's your age in years, and there's your age in your head.

Of course, you have to live somewhere between the two !
After all, too many late nights (early mornings) and I end up half-dead !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen