Carol Singing at the Christmas Market

went OK. At one point we wondered if some stall holders were not thrilled to have us around, so we moved down the other end of the market and as we sang I popped into the stand behind us - Ca vous gène? Pas du tout ! In fact they looked disappointed when I popped in to say goodbye.
We finished our stint with a waffle (they're TOO BIG, guys! we should have shared one) and a kebab from some guys who run a brasserie (très bon et pas cher, then pas vraiment cher ... I laughed!)
Then off to FAC to prepare for the Bible Study Bible Study - we've done author's intention, literary genre, structure etc. Last night was Special words (like propitiation, etc...)
Then off to Pessac for the PJB rehearsal for the grand concert de Noël. The 48 bus took me from within 150m of FAC to within 300m. of Salle Bellegrave. I was thankful to be in time for the bus.
Afterwards Renaud (prof de trombone) said "You're playing with the symphonique ?"
'No, I haven't made a single rehearsal and there's only one piece I've ever played before...'
"Well he's expecting you to play, and I am playing."
'Well yeah - but there is a difference after all !'
So there we are. Our list is : 
Symphonique : Mambo No. 5, Ding ! Dong ! The witch is dead ! Bossa til hosten, Aladdin, Lawrence d'Arabie. 
PJB : Spain, Fly me to the moon, On the street where you live, Georgia, J.B., Call me irresponsible, Out of nowhere, Corcovado and As long as I'm singing.
In addition Joseph's Ensemble de saxos is playing, the symphonique for the little kids and the célèbres Brasseurs de Vent
Strangely though singing and speaking makes me dissolve in a fit of coughing, the trombone doesn't. I think it's because you don't BLOW as such down the thing. Rather it's a question of internal pressure to make the lips buzz.
Anyway... So today : Doctor with chest, Gars de Pessac (reading group - where's my book !), Grand Concert de Noël, plus final sorting out for Carol Service on Saturday and services on Sunday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen