EMVH Concert de Noël

The FAC Christmas meal coincided with the Music School Christmas Concert. We are a good team at FAC at present, so I played with the Music School.

So after avoiding Albert, the music-school director (I missed ALL the cycle 2 Symphonique rehearsals) I finally popped my head in through his door and he said "Look, play, and if you get lost stop playing." I'm good at that so I did.

I dropped Pat and the kids at the centre, along with a pork casserole and a really stupid quiz I'd done, then had 1/2 hour to kill so I called in a café in Pessac where the owner had said he's keen on English and had talked about the evangelical churches in the area. We talked some more about the Carol Service and the International Church and also how he can make his café buzz in the evening. If it was in the centre of Bordeaux I am sure we could do some stuff at his place.

Went along for the concert and everything was just great. The starters played things like "Frosty the snowman". The percussionists sneaked onstage and played solos during the chair removals etc. The excellent and famous street band (BDV) played and kept everyone bouncing along. The cycle 2 orchestra played really well - Mambo No. 5 rocked - especially with four trombones - and we had to encore Renaud's Norwegian Bossa-nova thing. Then the PJB, and it was exceptionally good. By that time (rather late) the hall was very full and the atmosphere was warm and happy.

Afterwards there were snacks at the back and the BDV played while people danced and bought their PJB CDs. I talked with a few folk then resisted the temptation to go to a late night café with the PJB folk (there's a lot to do today - and tomorrow !) and came home to find Pat and the kids tucked up in bed after coming home on the wonderful bus de soir.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen