When the blogue and facebook are quiet

it's because the day has NOT been quiet !

It included doing surveys on the student campus. I met some great people. I particularly think of one guy who was very pleasant and easy to talk to who said that he believes that there is no reason for anything, and that he does not believe in happiness or misery, and so manages to live in a state of detached peacefulness. His philosophy lecturers tell him that he has no heart or feelings. I think Spurgeon would have kicked him in the shins to test the strength of his detached peacefulness but he was a big guy... Anyway we talked very freely about things and he accepted a Bible.  Afterwards, of course, I thought of a hundred more things I should have said to him, far better than the things I did say, but hey... Three students said 'Yes, we believe in God'. I said, 'Really ?' and we chatted. They are products of believing catholic families who sent their kids to catholic school and the kids made friends and now they are studying together at university and still attending church. I invited them to FAC. They'd get on well with some of the others who come. Another guy is muslim and we hope to meet up in a fortnight after he's finished a project.

Afterwards I collected Catrin from home and took her to her flute lesson (the first post-flu) and then to her opticians appointment. While she was in her flute lesson I learnt that my trombone session and the big band rehearsal had been moved from Friday to Thursday because there's a concert of the symphonic on Friday. EEEK !

We had a half-hour to kill on the way to the opticians so we popped into a café in Pessac than we've never tried before. The manager was very pleasant and a real anglophile. He even detected from my accent that I am not English (hurrah !). 'I learnt my Englsh from Pink Floyd albums.', he said. He seemed to be aware of some of the evangelical churches, too. I'll pop back and invite him to the carol service. I bet he'd love that.

The optician said that Catrin has a slight astigmatism, but that if she adopts a good posture while reading and writing then that will be better than trying to correct this with spectacles. Jolly good !

Then back home for a swift sausage before heading off for the prayer meeting. I learnt wih dismay that I was opening up - dismay because with buses and trams it's not easy to guarantee being on time. I was on time, however.

But on the way home a technical incident meant that there weren't any trams passing the church, so we had to walk a couple of stops before getting on this empty tram that said "Sans Voyageurs" but opened its doors at the stop. We looked at each other but got on anyway. Then Fiona kindly ran me home and I was warmly welcomed by my bed !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen