Well I collected

the car. As I paid I asked Mr Plazy where is a good place to get the contrôle technique done.

'But I'd have done that for you !' he said, 'you should have said'. Anyway he directed me to a place near the music school and said to say that he sent me. You have to get your car checked over every two years. A friend has a seriously rotten Citroën Visa from just before the Norman conquest that passes first time every time, but another friend has just had his recent Rover failed on emissions. So I guess you never know.

Anyway, off to read with Dik, J-P and Christophe, followed by a quick trip to the church to deposit two PCs that are up for grabs. Anyone want a basic machine for word-processing, email and the like ? One uses XP and the other Win 98. No takers ? Posh lot !

Then home via the contrôle technique place. I liked the guy. He looked like someone from a Thomas Hardy novel and we made a rendez-vous for Monday afternoon. I changed the wiper blades. Must check that all the lights work and check tyre pressures and levels of brake fluid and steering fluid on Monday morning.

Then home to find the leaflets for door-to-door waiting for me.

Yippee ! Must say, I didn't see any buses in the city at all, and just a few trams. Everywhere seemed very quiet though it did seem to be National Drive Like A Lunatic Day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen