In the early morning bus

Well the car is at a Citroën garage in Mérignac and if, as I suspect, it's the clutch cable that's gone then we should get it back today.

Meanwhile Catrin and I scuttled off on the 7:44 for her to go to school and for me to get a book of school meals tickets. 52€, 5.20€ per meal. But I hasten to add that it is a balanced meal. (How much would it be for an unbalanced meal, I wonder...)

I meandered through Pessac admiring the swanky pavilion outside the cinema where the film festival "Il était une fois ... le communisme' is in full swing. I paused to take a photo of 'A Billes Et Vous', a clothes shop with a punny name. I then hopped on the next bus to the Alouette and decided to skip the stop by the Renault garage and walk through the park instead. (What is this life if, full of care, etc...)

I sauntered through the oak woods quietly, listening to all the unidentified flying birds, when I spotted  someone lingering in the undergrowth..A brief toilet stop ? Something more sinister ?. 'Oh there's a dog nearby' thought I. None of it ! In fact there was another person nearby, rooting through the litter. Ha ! Les cèpes ! One lady was poking at the leaves with a stick and a carrier bag of delicious little mushrooms all ready to fry in butter. Miam Miam !

I got home at 8:30. Not bad !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen