Oh I hate computers, I really do !

I spent a happy few hours gutting Samy's old, dead PC and removing any viable organs for transplant, so he has a nice USB disk waiting for him. That went OK.

Now I am trying to sort out an old PC for the kids - it has a 10gb disk which I suspect of being the cause for the machine's astonishing slowness - that coupled with XP downloading service pack 3. If I were more brave I'd load Ubuntu on it and put it in the student centre as an internet terminal. After all, the students mostly want to check their mail, check bus and tram timetables, update their facebook accounts, etc. and Ubuntu would be GREAT for that. It'd run faster than XP and we wouldn't have to have kittens fretting about viruses, too.

There's another computer task that awaits me - a couple of old PCs stored in the church to sort out and find a future for.

I guess in the end as long as one goes to the student centre and one stays here and both are as optimised as possible, then mission accomplished.

However we had some wonderful news today - a possibility of accommodation for a chap coming to do his year in France.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen