A couple more books

"The elegance of the hedgehog" (L'élégance du herisson) by Muriel Barbery.

I read this book while in Britain. It was really interesting as a study in bitterness, and how a sense of injustice can rob everything of its pleasure and poison your entire life. Also for its very contemporary philosophy of life - life is worth living for those little moments of beauty, pleasure, joy... I read this one in English while in Britain but now I wish I'd read it in French.

"Entre les murs" by François Bégaudeau. I think I've mentioned this before. I am really enjoying this story of a man trying to teach French in a middle school in the Paris sink estates. I'm reading it in French. It'd be a nightmare to translate !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen