Three firsts this weekend


1) First barbecue of the year Saturday evening for the International Home Group. 

Imagine it ! A barbecue in February ! And it was a beautiful evening, warm on the patio with a nice sunset over the trees behind the houses across the road. Today has been grey and damp, however.

2) First time to preach without full notes in French.

I decided that I should take the plunge this morning, so the plunge was taken. I've asked a few folk who I can trust to tell me if they think I should go back to full notes ! But they said no, so far so good.

3) First time to be invited to a neighbour's to "wet the baby's head".

One of the couples in front have had a baby boy, their second, so they invited us, the other couple and the friends across the road to come for a "coupe de champ". It was a nice time and we found out about the other protestant families in the area. We may even have got the kids occasional baby sitting jobs !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen