Well that was great !

In the morning for the French service we were about 30 I suppose, maybe a few more. I preached on Ephesians 2:8 for Reformation Sunday and the rediscovery of grace. I hope it was helpful for folk.

In the evening we were there in the building, a little handful, when I looked out of the door and saw Andy approaching with his gang - his family, some students we already knew from FAC who just happened to be on the same tram but also three Chinese students who he just met on the street.

I thought "If I preach from my notes they'll NEVER follow" so I simplified like mad, explained hymns, generally made it as easy to understand as possible and as direct as possible. By the end we were about 20.

One of the regular students said "I like it when you preach in English - you're very different from when you preach in French !"

Aha - he noticed !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen