What about Friday ?

Hallo, I am calling from 18 Elisée Reclus, a workman called on Monday but left within the hour without completing the job and my colleague asked me to ring to reschedule the appointment.

Oh yes - he came back that afternoon but everything was shut up.

Yes. He said when he left that he didn't know when he would be back so when I had finished what I was doing I left.

He came back the next day too, but it was still closed up.

Yes, the centre is closed on Monday and Tuesday.

But I had allocated those two days for him to do the job.

So why did he say 'I don't know when I'll be back ?'

Because he didn't know I had allocated those two days.

And neither did I !

But I told your colleague.

But they didn't tell me and you didn't tell your workman, did you ?

No. So is Friday OK ?

Yes.

OK, Friday it is.

Comments

joydriven said…
soooo sooo french! never ever admit fault or potential blame, none of any kind whatsoever, ever. =}
Alan said…
I quite enjoyed the conversation, and by the time we got to "and neither did I - et moi non plus" we were both on the verge of giggling...

There is something essentially comic about "moi non plus"

Popular posts from this blog

One difference between we French and the anglo-saxon mindset is that

A bit about music exams in UK and France

Three weeks in Blighty