Sometimes things just don't work out too well...

Although the student centre is normally closed on Mondays this morning a man was coming to fix one of the doors so I scuttled in on the tram and got there well before nine. While he and his assistant played with the door in question I attempted to print out our newly designed and revised prospectus.

Could I get the thing lined up to print properly ? No I couldn't.

Could the man fix the door ? No he couldn't.

He said "I will need to make a plate to screw to the door to fix this bar on. I don't know when I'll be back to do it."

I thought "I don't either. Why don't you have a guess ? A week ? A month ? A year ?"

I said, "OK. Goodbye till next time."

Comments

Alan said…
OK. He came back that same afternoon.

After I had shut up and gone home.

Great !

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen