and so to North Wales

I am writing this from just off the A55. I arrived early afternoon, got some cheap pants and socks and then went to Bethany Books _ for the Best of Books - to photocopy prayer letters and to have a cup of what is possibly the best tea in North Wales.

So much has changed - buildings demolished, flats put up, etc. But some things never change - the roadworks and the traffic jams. At present I feel very nostalgic for Deeside.

I picked up the videoprojector and amplifier for tonight at Rhuddlan and scuttled off.

Last night was a delight. I was with the folks at Geneva Road, Darlington. They asked such good questions, it was great. Then staying the night with my old colleague and friend Mark Rowcroft, Abigail his wife and their lad, Luke, who's 5. I remember Luke being born and the thanksgiving service - there was a batch of children born in the church at about the same time. In fact I think (Mark will correct me) that the thanksgiving service took place in the school while we were having the front of the church remodelled.

I think we made a good team in those days. Mark and Abigail are very happy in Darlington and the church seems to be doing fine, too. Time moves on and God is good.

This evening I am at Rhuddlan Evangelical Church where my good friend and colleague (Uncle) Phil Collinson is pastor.

Bethany Books sells the best books and I was glad to see a good number of really good looking books that has come out, lots published by "Day One".

And the GPS ?

It behaved impeccably. I think I have finally got it trained. My only problem was a shortage of petrol stations on the A1M so I had to come off and explore Wetherby until I could find one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen