Well that was fun !

It started when I approached Unitec in the car. My plan was to park there and catch the tram to the student centre. But all through Pessac there were tramsful of people just sat in strange positions, like just before roundabouts etc. The power supply to the trams had just failed between Peixotto and Pessac.

OK - they send out shuttle buses, but how long do they take to come ? While we all waited an 84 bus came. That takes you to Arts et Métiers (illegally pronounced in Bordeaux as arzémetié). Well it was a bendy bus and the driver really went for those roundabouts. I reckon you could train astronauts on those things because the G-forces are amazing. Even sat down I had to hold on tight.

We got to Arts et Métiers. No shuttle bus there. But a 41 would take us to Victoire, and one was due in 20 minutes time. I thought about it. Peixotto is two stops. In 20 minutes I could crawl to Peixotto and thankfully I had left my laptop computer at home so nothing to lug. Off I set among the festive throng.

At Peixotto a tram was waiting for us. We climbed on board with big smiles and feelings of relief. Then the robot lady said that because of an anti-Sarko demonstration the trams would all have to wait in their stations till the demo had cleared Victoire.

One guy started to sound off about how dreadful the trams are - he makes 4 journeys a day and something bad always happens. It occurred to me that I must never get on a tram with him again. It's obviously he that causes the problems. I kept this opinion to myself but I know his face.

By the time we got to my stop at Hotel de Ville the tram was so packed I frankly couldn't see any way of getting off, but everyone else was getting off too so all was well that ended well. I took photos of people processing along the tramlines and I'll pop them on later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen