OK - that's publicity for the American choir concert sorted so far

I've sent to consulates, to language schools, I have put flyers in the "cultural office" in Pessac and when I get some more flyers I'll take some to the English bookshop and to the Irish pubs (which are manifold).

Then it's on to sorting out flights for deputation.

I need to avoid the period 3 to 10 March, because I need to cover for a colleague who's on holiday.

I want to avoid being away for Easter, and also I want to be here for school holidays if I can.

So that gives available periods of

1 to 22 February, (21 days)

10 to 22 March, (12 days) and

24 March to 17 April (24 days).

The budget airlines are not flying at the moment, but Lufthansa would fly me via Frankfurt. It's a Sopwith Camel from Bordeaux to Frankfurt, then an Airbus A320 Frankfurt to Manchester.

I know that once I settle on a period everything will go haywire - it won't suit churches, the flights will all be cancelled, special events will crop up here, kids will break their limbs, etc.

No - I was thinking about this the other day - this general feeling of foreboding we can have. Why ? When we can read God's providence backwards, we should be able to trust it forwards !

Anyway, I have emailed two advisers to ask whether flying Lufthansa via Frankfurt would be a bad idea - I can't imagine that it would.

Then I guess it's settle on a set of dates. If I come in April I wonder if the mission would like someone to go with a stand to the Banner of Truth Conference... It's a thought !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen